Friday, September 16, 2011

Indonesia Journal

Indonesia Mission Trip Journal
September 14-27, 2011

15 Sept. Thursday; 3:39 PM; Moscow
Just left Moscow. Arrived at 1:30 PM, which was 4:30 AM our time. It is now 6:40 AM in Kingsland, nine hours difference. Moscow airport reminded me of a third-world airport. Most of the people reminded me of spy characters from a James Bond movie. Some were reading The Help. They did not accept US dollars in the airport stores. I was hoping they would so I could get some Rupels in change. Had good flight from Houston to Moscow. Had three seats to myself and was able to get some sleep. It was a 10 hour flight. A bit bumpy, up and down and side to side. Beth would not have liked it. For me it was not too bad and it smoothed out after a few hours. Seeing all of the different people in the airport reminded me of Revelation 7 where it describes people from every nation, tribe, and tongue, standing before the throne with palm branches, singing, “Salvation belongs to our God…” The only difference is that the people here do not have joy on their faces like the ones we will one day see in heaven. Everyone here in the Moscow airport has a “down” look. I have been quiet and see it as a kind of fast in preparation for a week of talking next week.

16 Sept. Friday; 7:15 AM; Singapore.
This is the nicest airport I have ever been in. Had a good flight from Moscow to Singapore. Same seat, 54, third from the back row. Didn’t have three seats this time. Did have the one next to me which made it nice. Slept some. Thought about taking a picture of the bathroom here. Cleanest, nicest one I have ever seen. I have never thought about taking a picture of a bathroom before and did not want to start, but it was clean. Drank some coffee and water just to go back in before I left. Will board in about an hour. Free internet. Landed in Mandao about 1:30 PM. It was a 3 hour flight. I’m tired of flying. A man named Ferry met me at the airport. He is a pastor. He and David, a young pastor, took me to the seminary and I met the president and then on to the hotel. They said that the students were in hopes that I would teach another subject. I shared that I have notes on prayer, missions, spiritual formation, spiritual senses, and/or a book from the Old or New Testament. I will find out tomorrow. Ferry is suppose to take me around Manado on Saturday and I will preach in his church on Sunday. Praying to recover from jet lag. Got settled and went to bed early. It is very humid. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment