Monday, January 2, 2017

A Prayer Fashioned After Psalm 122 and Other Bible Readings From Today

         Abba, Father, deep within my heart I praise and worship you. Your steadfast love is and always has been. Your provision and protection over me is constant. Your word gives meaning to who I am and direction for my feet. Receive my words of gratitude and my promise. Thank you, God. I will love you and serve you forever.
         Thank you, God, for those who first invited me and took me with them to your house of prayer and worship. I was glad then and I am especially glad now. Thank you for the instruction I have received from your word. Times in your presence with your people, called by your name, fill my life with the joy of hope.
Seeing such a variety of people all with one faith, humbling themselves before you with confidence and the one desire to live for you, is overwhelming. The unity of such a humble people reflects who you are, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; three, who are one. And the fruit of joy is undeniable and abounds. Hallelujah.
         I pray for humility, for myself and for the body of Christ in my town, nation, and world. Open our eyes to see your greatness, the majesty of who you are. Expand our capacity to understand your eternal nature and power and love toward us, your people. Turn our eyes away from worthless things and focus our vision on you. Lord Jesus, be lifted up among us. Nothing is greater than you. We do have problems, sickness, grief, and despair; but all of it combined fades and is diminished in light of who you are, what you have done, and promised to do for us who believe.
         Lord, you give unity to those whose hearts are set on you. You give peace and joy to those who are united under you and move together as one to represent you in your creation, now and forever. Peace and joy overflow from such a one. May the aroma of Christ permeate our town, our nation, and our world today because we, your people, humble before you, with eyes and minds and hearts filled with your greatness, worship you today.

         O God, I also pray for…be glorified in every person and situation I lift before you today, in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I pray. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment