Saturday, January 7, 2017

A Prayer Shaped By Psalm 127 and Other Bible Readings From Today

          Great are you, Lord, and greatly to be praised. Father, in the name of Jesus, I am before you with profound gratitude. You are the reason I am praying today. By your grace, through faith that you also gave me, I am saved and have peace with you. I no longer struggle trying to get you to help me, or afraid I may be kicked out of your house. You have assured me with your love, your peace, your power; I am yours, God, forever. Thank you. And I honor you and praise you and will forever.
         Lord Jesus, you came to me when I was as far away as I could get, and you would not let me get away. All this time you have stayed, even when I wandered, even when in ignorance I bragged about what I was doing for you; still you kept working to shift the focus on you, not me. Thank you, Jesus, for saving me from myself. Lord, I want to join you in what you desire to do and have been doing. Too long have I struggled to get you to join me in my plans and efforts. Thank you for refusing.
         Holy Spirit, thank you for your word and for teaching me from your word that you are working and have been from day one. Your work is eternal. Your work has meaning. You work in people, with people, through people, to bring them to know you in a perfect relationship of peace and joy. God, you are awesome. O how I want to know you more and more.
And I want to part of the work you are doing in others. I believe I will know you more as I participate more in what you desire and are doing in the lives of others. Thank you that you are not building buildings, or streets, or organizations, or consensus; you are building people up, restoring what we lost in the Garden so long ago. You are building Christ in us. Hallelujah. Thank you, God.
Today I pray for my family. Thank you Father for bringing…into my life. Bring each of them to a saving and growing knowledge of who you are in Christ. Create in my family a greater love, your love. Multiply us as witnesses for you in our world. Be glorified in our family today, I pray, in the name of Jesus. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment