Monday, December 19, 2016

A Prayer Formed From God's Word From Psalm 109 and Other Bible Readings For the Day

       Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord, my Savior, my King, my Stronghold, my Wisdom, my Defender, my Life; I give you thanks and honor you as sovereign Lord over all creation. According to your word you showed me today, form this prayer in me for you, I pray.
       There are many who war against you, my God, with evil intent to overthrow your plans for your people. It is not flesh and blood, it is principalities, powers, spiritual wickedness in high places; the world, the flesh, and the devil. “Let their days be few…and may their curse soak into their bones and be the only garment they wear.” Help me, Lord.
       They also deceive many with false doctrine, adding to the gospel, which leads people back into the world and the flesh. Give me wisdom from above to recognize their false teachings. Give me words of life to speak, your words, which brings the dead to life.
Raise up a whole army of missionary-warriors and send them out into world, armed to the hilt in full battle-rattle, with the sword of the Spirit and the mind of Christ, with good conduct, the meekness of wisdom, and full of mercy.
Advance your Kingdom today, I pray, and let that growth begin with my mind and my tongue. Armed with the wisdom from above, give your servant discernment to know what to bless and build up, and what to curse and come against, in the name of Jesus, and for your glory.
I pray today for preachers and Bible teachers in my town and nation, to be faithful to your word and sensitive to your Sprit. Give them a word for your people from your word this week. Revive us, O Lord, and build your church up in a most holy faith.
Protect those who are teaching pastors and Bible teachers in other countries among all the people groups of the world. Keep them in your word. Provide every need they have as they serve you far from their people and homeland.
“Keep steady my steps, according to your promise; and let no iniquity get dominion over me.” I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, for your will to be done on earth, for your glory. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment