Wednesday, December 21, 2016

A Prayer Formed From Psalm 111 and the Bible Readings For Today

         Praise the Lord God Almighty forever. Blessed be his holy name. You created all things by the word of your mouth. You spoke and things that were not came into being. All of your creation speaks of who you are; you are the one true living God, eternal, and powerful in love and beauty and wonder. I declare your praise and give you thanks. You are good and do good.
         Accept my prayer today as an offering from my heart, the new heart you gave to me from above, in Christ Jesus, the Lamb of God. I am of you, born of your Spirit, in Christ Jesus the Lord, and my desire is to glorify you today. Form in my mind holy thoughts to inform godly choices throughout the day. Redeem my feelings and make them new to move my body to carry out your will today, not mine. Thank you, Holy Spirit, for your longsuffering as you form Christ in me.
         You have promised to fill those who hunger and thirst for righteousness. I am hungry and I thirst for you, Lord. Fill me with yourself. Tune my heart to hear your voice today. Speak into my heart today from your word, O God. Give me food for my body and a word from you for my spirit, mind, and emotions. Open my eyes to see what is good and right in your eyes. Be my vision today and always.

         Today I pray for those who need you and don’t even know it. Bring…to your cross and reveal to them your love, your sacrifice, their sin, and the eternal salvation that is found only in you. Bring a witness across their path today. I also pray for…who has drifted away from you. Remind them of the joy of your salvation that is missing in their life so that they might return to you. Revive them, Lord, by bringing someone across their path today that is on fire for you. All for your glory and praise. In name of Jesus Christ the Lord; AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment