Monday, December 26, 2016

A Prayer Shaped By Psalm 116 and Other Bible Readings For Today

         I love you, Lord Jesus, my Savior, my Lord, my God. You call me to pray, you hear me when I pray, and you answer according to your eternal will. Thank you, God. You are gracious and full of mercy. You are holy and unchanging in all your ways. You have rescued me time and time again when I was in danger; even when I wandered away, you would not let me go. Hallelujah. Thank you, Lord. You heard my cry and brought me through my darkest hour. Thank you, Jesus.
         You, O Lord, have done all of this and more according to your promise. You are faithful. My desire is to become more and more like you; faithful. Guide me and teach me to be faithful. You promise and act according to your promise. You have given me promises to declare to you that you will do in me, with me, and through me, for your glory and my joy.
         According to your word, I will call upon you as long as I live because you have promised to hear. I will walk before you, learning your ways as I go, because you have promised to be with me and to teach me your ways. I will lift up my praise to you and will be faithful to you, because you are my faithfulness. I will give you thanks forever. I believe your will is to change me into you likeness. You are faithful. Lord, I trust you, and only you.
         This morning, my Savior and King, I ask that you move in the lives of rulers in our world. Give them dreams and visions of your plan for nations. Bring before them your witnesses, your humble servants; fearless men and women who are not afraid of what man may do to them, but fear serve you and only you. Give your servants wisdom and insight for kings so that their rulings will follow yours. May your servants see the greatness of the message you give to them, the greatness of those you send it to, and most of all your greatness in mercy and love to send such a word for the rulers of nations, which all belong to you.

         I ask in the name above every name, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, King of kings and Lord of lords, whose Kingdom will never end. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment