Friday, December 23, 2016

A Prayer Shaped From Psalm 113 and Other Bible Readings For Today

         Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise him all creatures here below. Praise him above all you heavenly hosts. Praise Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Blessing and honor and glory and power are yours, O God above. You are over all. Glory to God and the Lamb forever.
         I am struggling with sin and old ways , which all lead away from you. But you are with me, calling me to trust you, to remember your word, to review my promise, which you gave me to give. Help me, O God, my strength and refuge.
         You are great and greatly to be praised. Your word is eternal. Your promises are sure and steadfast. What you have said, you do, always. You are faithful. You are just. You are a good, good Father; providing, protecting, loving in ways I cannot even begin to comprehend.
         I love you, Lord. Holy Spirit, create in me, according to your word, growing love for you. I desire to love you more and more and sin less and less. Only you can make it happen. Make it happen, Lord of all. I will sing of your steadfast love. I will meditate on your goodness and power. I will walk in your ways. I will resist the world, the flesh, and the devil by drawing nearer to you.
         Lord Jesus, you know my struggles and have overcome. You are exalted with all authority, power, wisdom, and glory. You are my life, my vision, my will, my praise, my glory, my faithfulness, my power, my all. You are the bolt and bar of the gates of my life. You are my weapons against the enemy. You are my tools and materials to build up strongholds of righteousness and peace. Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and forever more. Praise the Lord God Almighty.

         I pray for my family. May each one know you, grow in you, and share you with their words and their actions. Bless each one with the knowledge of your presence today, please, I pray. In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment